MMBL’S PRIVACY NOTICE FOR THE CUSTOMER’S AWARENESS
Protecting your privacy is a big deal which is why we’re strict about how we handle your personal information. This privacy notice outlines how we collect, store, use and disclose any personal information you provide us, in line with MMBL’s obligation towards the State Bank of Pakistan Prudential Regulations and Branchless Banking Regulations.
Personal Information’ may include your Name, Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), Date of Birth, Address, Telephone/Mobile Number, Email Address, Passport Number, Profession or Occupation, Source of Income and information obtained from credit bureaus. If the collected information reasonably and personally identifies you, the information will be considered personal information.
- Helpline: (051) 111 962 962
- Any nearest MMBL Branch
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect about you is in compliance with the applicable laws including but not limited to Microfinance Institutions Ordinance, 2001, Prudential Regulations for MFBs, Branchless Banking Regulations and any other SBP instructions/circulars and as per MMBL’s policies. Moreover, it also depends on the MMBL products and services you use and subscribe to. It may include but not limited to:
- Customer Name
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) Number
- Date of Birth
- Telephone/Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Passport Number
- Profession or Occupation
- Source of Income
- Information Obtained from Credit Bureaus
- Financial Profile
- Customer’s NADRA Verification Record
- Details of products and services we’ve provide you or you’ve enquired about, as well as any additional information needed to deliver those products and services or respond to your enquiries
- Your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are, or your preferences based on how you use our products and services
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys.
- Customer KYC/CDD Details & Financial Profile
- Information Obtained from Credit Bureaus
- Customer NADRA Verification Record
- Operating instructions
- Transaction data
- Title of Account
- Customer Account Balance
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To provide you with banking services and products, we need to collect some of your personal details, without which, we’re not allowed by law to provide you with the products and services you want. For the purposes of providing banking services, MMBL may be required to collect and use information, including but not limited to, information pertaining to the customer’s account, deposit/deposit certificate, or any instrument representing deposit/placing of money with MMBL, availing other financial services, locker facility, safe deposit facility, or custodial services from the MMBL.
- Contacting you about changes to our products or services
- Managing your account
- For cascading of transactional messages/intimation performed via your account.
- For sending of account statement
- For sending of OTP regarding confirmation of service/action carried out from your account
- For cascading awareness messages
- Carrying out market analysis and research, development of our products and services, and to understand how customers use our products and services on an anonymous or personal basis
- Contacting you about our products and services, which may include marketing these products to you
- Conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection, recovery or prosecution
- We may also send you direct marketing communications and information about,
- Our products, services, and special promotions that we consider may be of interest to you
- Offers our promotions based on how you use our products and services.>
- Other companies’ products and services (we think may interest you, if you’ve chosen to receive this information.
- These communications may be sent in various forms, including by telephone, post, fax and any form of electronic message (including email, SMS, MMS etc.).
We shall maintain all necessary record on transactions for a period of 10 years as per SBP guidelines from the completion of transaction. We shall also keep record on the identification/relationship data obtained through Customer Due Diligence Process for 10 years following the termination of business relationship.
However, records can be retained for longer period, if required by any other law or where transaction and or relationship relate to any investigation, litigation, or required by Court of law or any other competent authority.
It’s about more than legal compliance. It’s about building a culture that respects privacy and justifies the trust placed in us. Personal data shared with MMBL remains essential part of customers, therefore, customers shall have the right to access it, in order to be able to request
Information about data and the related processing activity,
Data update and ownership.
WHO CAN WE PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
- To State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on the format prescribed from time to time by SBP as well as for Inspection of Bank’s Books and records
- To Credit Bureaus in terms of Credit Bureaus Act 2015
- to our auditors for the purpose of auditing the bank’s accounts
- For the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders or as may otherwise be authorized by or under any law of Pakistan.
- To any authority, Law Enforcement Agencies, Competent Courts as required by Law
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE USE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security of your personal information is a high priority for us. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so it’s protected from unauthorized use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures.
HOW ACCURATE IS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
We take all reasonable measures to make sure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To make sure we’ve got your most current and accurate details, please let us know when your information changes (e.g. if you change your name or move house) by visiting nearest MMBL office or call on our helpline (051) 111 962 962.