Protect yourself from Phishing.
The security of Internet Banking has become a major concern for the banking industry because variants of the phishing attempts are targeting Pakistan Internet Banking websites therefore we would like to remind our customers to take precautions and safety measures to protect sensitive information such as the login and the financial PIN of MMBL Internet Banking.
- If you encounter difficulty accessing your account after you have entered your credentials or
- see unfamiliar banking processes such as:
- Phishing attack ahead" or
- Received MMBL Internet Banking login SMS on your registered mobile number but you didn't login or
- Security verification in progress" or
- "Please wait for some time" or like messages,
Contact us immediately via our 24/7 Phone Assistance at +92-51-111-962-962.
Please be aware of suspicious emails and websites that attempt to obtain your banking information.
What is Phishing?
A phishing attack is when you receive an official-looking e-mail from an unknown sender or any other service that deals with money. The e-mail states that you should click a link and confirm your login and password to this particular link. As soon as you click on the link, you are sent to a Web page that looks remarkably similar to the company's real Web site, but it's not the company's real Web site. What is happening is that you are sent to a fake page that is controlled by the criminal who is behind the phishing scheme. As soon as you type your login\password or account information or credit card number, the thieves or hackers capture the information and then commit identity theft by using your credit card or stealing money from your account.
By following these rules, you will significantly enhance mobile banking protection and minimize the risks to your finances and bank safely online.
- Guard against spam. Be especially cautious of emails that:
- Come from unrecognized senders.
- Ask you to confirm your personal or financial information over the Internet and/or make urgent requests for this information.
- Always look for a sign that the site is secure such as a lock icon on the browser's status bar or a https: URL whereby the "s" stands for "secure".
- Do not click on links, download files or open attachments in emails from unknown senders. It is best to open attachments only when you are expecting them and know what they contain, even if you know the sender.
- Never email personal or financial information, even if you are close with the recipient.
- Beware of links in emails that ask for personal information, even if the email appears to come from MMBL. Phishing web sites often copy the entire look of a legitimate web site, making it appear authentic.
- Beware of pop-ups and follow these tips:
- Never enter personal information in a pop-up screen.
- Do not click on links in a pop-up screen.
- Do not copy web addresses into your browser from pop-ups.
- MMBL will never send e-mail to customers asking for personal information such as user Ids and Pin codes.
- Keep your system up to date with security patches. Install an antivirus app on both your personal computer and your mobile device and keep it updated.
- Disable the auto complete function within your browser and don’t save your username and password in your browser.
- Never access your MMBL account from a public or shared computer
- Check your online accounts and bank statements regularly to ensure that no unauthorized transactions have been made. If you notice anything irregular, contact us immediately at +92-51-111-962-962.
**Disclaimer: This is a customer awareness message. The customers of MMBL Bank Ltd. are requested to follow the above mentioned guidelines as the Bank will not be liable in case of any fraud arising from any such incident.